Tuesday 7 February 2012

Comics 02/07/12

Tomorrow is Wednesday.  New comic book day.  Here are the ones I'm going to pick  up that are must haves. 


Powers Vol 3 #8 (Long awaited!)















Batwoman #6  (With new artist Amy Reeder)














Green Lantern Vol 5 #6















Conan the Barbarian Vol 3 #1













 

Fantastic Four: Season One (HC)












 


Batman: Gates of Gotham (TPB)





















Powers has been shipping really irregularly lately and I don't know why.  I know Oeming (art) has been doing a lot of other projects like the Mice Templar and Valve's comics but maybe it's because Bendis (writer) has been working on the Powers pilot which I read was canned about a month ago.


Batwoman is an amazing book and if you have a female friend who wants to get into comics then get her Batwoman: Elegy, which is the first collection of the series. Preview



Green Lantern has become a staple in my collection, I don't like the art as much with Manke as compared to Reis but it's still a great intergalactic cop book.


Brian Wood, writer of Northlanders and DMC is writing Conan over at Dark Horse now, the art looks great and I'm a big fan of his so I'm definitely going to try it out.  Preview.



Marvel is putting out what they call "Season One" collections for their major characters.  From what I've gathered they're basically origin stories.  I'm all for this because comic book art now is leaps and bounds better than what it used to be and it can be hard to get into a comic story when the art is unappreciated by a noob like myself. Preview.



Batman: Gates of Gotham is the first run Scott Snyder did on batman although the Black Mirror (which is AMAZING) came into a hardcover first.  I haven't read this one but I'm a big Batman fan and Snyder has yet to disappoint.  Also steampunk in Batman, that's a buy.

Short reviews tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment